Global Warming for Travelers
Yesterday I presented a list from the environmental defense fund on ten simple things you can do to "fight" global warming.
Today I came across this article on the National Geographic Traveler website.
Obviously, travel, especially if you aren't walking there, is a carbon intense proposition. On the other hand, travel is one way to learn about the world and the folks that inhabit it. I'm not sure that we want to live in a world consisting of isolated camps of people that consider all outsiders as enemies. It hasn't worked so for in any case.
So, if you travel, keep an open mind, and consider the suggestions presented in Ingrid Ahlgren's article.
Credo of the Peaceful Traveler -
Grateful for the opportunity to travel and experience the world and because peace begins with the individual, I affirm my personal responsibility and commitment to:
- Journey with an open mind and gentle heart
- Accept with grace and gratitude the diversity I encounter
- Revere and protect the natural environment which sustains all life
- Appreciate all cultures I discover
- Respect and thank my hosts for their welcome
- Offer my hand in friendship to everyone I meet
Support travel services that share these views and act upon them and, by my spirit, words and actions, encourage others to travel the world in peace
- From the International Institute on Peace through Tourism
global warming for travlersglobal warmingcarbon neutral