Solar Power: The Path to Parity
The Path to Parity
Solar panel technology has changed little since it's inception in 1894. Certain refinements have increased output and produced higher efficiencies, while the technology surrounding battery technology has improved our ability to store the energy collected. What has really changed is the cost per watt in comparison to the cost of competitive renewable and non-renewable energies.
And now, with so many solar companies offering lease programs, the cost of installing solar on your home or business has dropped so significantly, it can often be purchased with no money down and might even drop your monthly electric bill.
(GlobalWarmingisReal is attending the InterSolar North America conference this week in San Francisco. Look for updates and interviews with more news and information about the solar power industry)
- 5 Hot Topics to Watch For at Intersolar (nytimes.com)
- MIT demos flexible solar panels printed on paper (news.cnet.com)
- Costs vs True Value/Benefits of Solar Power (planetsave.com)
- Alternative Energy Watch: Solar to Reach Grid Parity in 2013; Nuclear Plant to Close in Japan, New Licenses on Track in US; UN Report Predicts Renewable Surge (SPWRA, JASO, AONE, CLNE, SO, SHAW) (247wallst.com)
- Learn How to Build Your Own Solar Panels