GlobalWarmingisReal contributor Anders Hellum-Alexander wraps-up and comments on the climate and environmental news headlines for the past week:
- A vital tax credit for the US Wind industry set to expire may soon be extended. This is great news for the growing industry. Mitt Romney tried to thwart the effort by making negative comments carried in the media, but wind is winning this battle.
- To have a thriving economy we need sustainable farming and ranching. Many traditional farmers and ranchers see the value of sustainability and are changing with the times.
- Facebook has put in the real effort to use renewable energy and is up to 23 percent.
- Commercial aviation has many opportunities for improvement and Airbus is adapting their planes to be more fuel efficient.
- The Koch brothers funded a study they hoped would disprove the theory of climate change, so they hired climate science skeptic Dr. Richard Muller to review all the studies. Make that converted climate science skeptic. The conclusion of Muller's review is that climate change is real. Muller gives his viewpoint, but Republicans are still not swayed by climate change science.
- Writer Amy Payne writes on a policy paper outlining the Heritage Foundation's view on environmental policy: Simply deregulate companies (like the banking industry did in the lead up to the 2008 financial crash) and give them the freedom to regulate themselves. Companies have never proven that they are capable of self-regulation.
- Thank that MacDonald's burger is cheap? Watch this video about the environmental cost of beef.
- A toxic spill in Peru shows us the cost of our toxic global economy.